Social Security Planning
Social Security is a valuable asset and should be managed as such. In most cases it is an important component in a retirees income plan. The planning process that we use with clients helps to answer the following questions:
- How is my benefit determined and at what age should I apply?
- How can I maximize the benefit and make it meaningful based on my objectives?
- What happens if I wait to take it after full retiremet age and what are the pros and cons of doing so?
- How can social security provide the most for my spouse in life and at my death?
- What about COLA’s, divorced spouse benefits and survivor benefits?
- How will continuing to work after I begain taking benefits affect my benefit and how will benefits affect income taxes?
- How can I best coordinate social security with other retirement income sources?
- When does it make sense to delay taking benefits?
- What are innovative strategies for maximizing benefits with my spouse?